Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Welcome!

About Me: 
I started this blog as a way to keep my business researching genealogy for clients. I previously completed research through the soon to be closed Expert Connect feature on Ancestry.com, where I maintained a five star rating. I have completed research projects based in various localities for clients all over the United States and the United Kingdom.

As I'm sure many people will begin an interest in Genealogy with a new season of Who Do You Think You Are about to appear on our tv screens, I welcome projects from the long time genealogist with a brick wall to new people just starting to research their family history.

Background:
My educational background includes a Bachelors in Historic Preservation, utilizing  historical research in American Records and my graduate education in Archives Administration included courses in the historical records of England and Wales.

What I Do: 
I specialize in Missouri records and basic genealogies up to at least 1850. However, I have and can complete research projects for other locations and time periods.

My services include:
-Record Retrieval
-Multi-Generational Research
-Preparation of Lineage Society Applications (ex. DAR, SAR)
-Consulting and Research Advice

My basic rate is $40 an hour plus copy costs. I require a 10% deposit of the final project fee along with my estimated copy costs (i.e. If I know we need to order death certificates ahead of time, I will include that in my bid.).

If you think I can help you with your family history research, please let me know by clicking the 'Contact Me' link at the top of this blog and filling out the form. I am happy to provide bids for any project you propose.

No comments:

Post a Comment